Sunday 14 March 2010

THE WITCH WHO CAME FROM THE SEA (Directed by Matt Cimber 1976)


Having seen this film on the video nasties list I was slightly dubious about watching it as the majority of those films are either overrated or extremely dull (With the exception of a few truly great ones! And I'm sure you know which ones I mean.) However, I was really impressed with this film. It's a surprisingly well made and original piece of shock cinema. I don't really see this as horror, despite there being a few fairly horrific moments and a downbeat feel throughout. Anyhow, I highly recommend this one to anyone who enjoys 70's exploitation, horror or just plain weird films. Millie Perkins is exceptional and all in all I'd say this deserves a bit of time as its a very underrated film. And a very strange one at that.

(Unfortunately, the Region one DVD, and the only available edition at this time, has an awful and inappropriate sleeve)

No comments:

Post a Comment